Lacoste.
When I first smelled the scent.
I was intoxicated. In love.
It was me. Very me.
I told myself no one else can work the smell more than I can.
I felt it was made for me. Mine.
So for the longest time, people associated me with that scent.
Some got reminded of Australia, cause the house would smell of Lacoste every morning.
For the longest time, it was my scent.
I'm sentimental like that see, I put a scent to a face.
Unless of course you're one who keeps changing everyday.
Anyways.
These days Lacoste has a new meaning.
It means Perth for Sany and Gus and maybe Anthony too.
It means our late dearest friend Qusyairie, who wore Lacoste every Monday.
It means our dearest friend Dhanie who left for UK to pursue his studies. 6 years. Wow.
So these days, everytime I spray myself every morning with that scent.
It gives me intangible memories of these people or place.
Lacoste now has consequences.
I wear it to lecture, and Sany will hug me missing Perth.
I wear it on Monday, and I see a troubled Raihan trying to move on.
and yes..of course Dhanie of Tang.
Lacoste is that intangible significant other.
It's a reminder.
It's my melancholy. All of ours actually.
Funny how a once zesty happy smell can be melodramatic now.
This morning I cleaned my room,
like I always do when I'm on extreme emotions.
But it was different this morning.
I sprayed Lacoste to fill the air when I was done.
Like a sign of respect.
To Perth...
To Qusyairie..
To Dhanie..
To Memories...
& here's cause I'm bitter:
Sorry girls, will blog about that day in whole when I'm better.

T'was for assignments cousin! T'was for assignments!

We barely touched la.